?

Log in

Previous Entry | Next Entry

[Accidental voice post]

[*Shaky breathing can be heard as well as tears.*] We're too late... Everyone- they're dead. Nothing but bones and armor. All of them.


Father... [*Voice shakes at that word as she tries to pull it together, not getting far even with the deep breath she takes. She sniffling as she mumbles to herself lowly. The sound of static not making the sound of her voice any clearer*] We- We shouldn't have wasted so much time, now they're all gone.


Old cow... I- I'm sorry.


[*Her com clicks off and the post ends there with the sound of the usually unshakeable Benny crying.*]

Comments

( 25 comments — Leave a comment )
8fingerswhiskey
Jun. 24th, 2009 06:00 am (UTC)
You... okay?
priestess_yarly
Jun. 24th, 2009 06:06 am (UTC)
Crap, I posted something? Shit.

I-I will be. I just found something I hoped wouldn't happen.
8fingerswhiskey
Jun. 24th, 2009 01:08 pm (UTC)
Oh yeah?

Like... what?
priestess_yarly
Jun. 24th, 2009 10:34 pm (UTC)
Its war, I think you can guess what comes with war.
8fingerswhiskey
Jun. 24th, 2009 11:27 pm (UTC)
Oh. Yeah - sorry.
priestess_yarly
Jun. 25th, 2009 01:27 am (UTC)
Its not your fault. S'mine. I somehow turned on this stupid thing when I was- thinking about this. My mood wasn't any better since Richard was using the bones of my clan members to make a throne.
8fingerswhiskey
Jun. 25th, 2009 01:29 am (UTC)
Oh my, God! Are you serious?!

It happens to me all the goddamn time, I should get used to it, but I guess no one can get used to their personal life getting broadcast over this piece of shit.
priestess_yarly
Jun. 25th, 2009 02:00 am (UTC)
unfortunately I am entirely serious. He thought it'd be a smart idea to use my grandfather and other family members to make himself a chair.


Proves these things aren't the best to have around when you want to be alone.
8fingerswhiskey
Jun. 25th, 2009 02:21 am (UTC)
Dear Christ, what the hell is the matter with him?!


Yeah, no they aren't.
priestess_yarly
Jun. 25th, 2009 05:16 am (UTC)
He's just Richard, that's all anyone can say.

Makes the urge to smash them more reasonable sounding when you think about it long enough.
8fingerswhiskey
Jun. 25th, 2009 06:01 am (UTC)
Not sure I wanna think about it that much, then.
high_milage
Jun. 24th, 2009 06:18 am (UTC)
[voice ]
Father?

Ben? Kid...what's happened?
priestess_yarly
Jun. 24th, 2009 07:33 am (UTC)
[voice ]
...We're run into some trouble with the war. [*Her voice is a little raw from crying but she's trying to sound tough. And not getting far with it.*]

The legion- they killed everyone. My whole clan. [*Oh noes Indy, prepare for shaky voice and tears cause here they come.*]
high_milage
Jun. 25th, 2009 05:30 am (UTC)
[voice ]
[*He can't help but frown at the tone of her voice.*]

Benny...I-...I'm sorry kid.

[*Light pause before he speaks up again*]

Do you need anything?
priestess_yarly
Jun. 25th, 2009 05:38 am (UTC)
[voice ]
You don't need to apologize. I-I should have rushed us there. Not let this happen. [*Voice tightens up as she blames herself, breath hitches momentarily as she lets that thought sit in the back of her head.*]

...Could you come over? [*Her voice is soft, hard to hear but full of something he hasn't encountered with the woman yet.*] I want to see you.
high_milage
Jun. 25th, 2009 06:35 pm (UTC)
[voice ]
I'll be there kid.

Hey look, whatever happened wasn't your fault- its war. Stupid, terrible things happen in war that no amount of hindsight can make right.

...think you can pop me over or should I hitch a ride?
priestess_yarly
Jun. 26th, 2009 12:31 am (UTC)
[voice ]
Thank you.

... [*Doesn't respond to that. He can hear her shaky breath and soft sigh before she finally replies.*]

I'll open a portal, but be careful it might be a little less powerful than it usually is.
high_milage
Jun. 26th, 2009 05:44 am (UTC)
[voice ]
Don't strain yourself, Ben.

...I'll be careful though.
priestess_yarly
Jun. 26th, 2009 05:58 am (UTC)
[Commentlog!]
I'll be alright. I'm just a little tired and sad, that's it.

You better. I don't want to bury another person I care for today.

-

[*Benny anxiously waits for a moment, back resting against a tree as she listens to the sound of the forest around her. The green woman able to hear the grunts and sound of the reinforcements they had gotten for this very fight burying various bodies and burning others. Smell of burning bones and metal clogging the air. It only making Benny rub her forehead with a weak sigh.

She had hoped they'd come to this area mid battle, not when it was over. Not when- when Legra had moved on to attack the Sisters and gnomes homes. Her whole home city desolated again, if Benny didn't feel numb she'd find this almost ironically funny.

For now though she was contented to wait for Indy, the urge just to hug him making her heart tighten as she glanced around hoping he had gotten through the portal alright.
*]
high_milage
Jun. 27th, 2009 04:31 am (UTC)
[Commentlog!]
I'm on my way

[*He stepped through the portal carefully. It was easy for him to notice that it was weaker then it normally would seem. As soon as the portal closed behind him, he blinked up at the area. He kept his surprise in check, the strange creatures moving around what was obviously the remains of a battle field. He couldn't hold back a cringe at the smells or shake his head at the sounds of 'clean up'.

He had a vague flashback to the war before shaking his head and looking for any sign of purple of green.*]
priestess_yarly
Jun. 27th, 2009 05:01 am (UTC)
[Commentlog!]
[*Benny walked through the brush surrounding the battle field easily making Indy's search obsolte. He expression momentarily grim and serious as she gave an order or two to some of the blue elves rummaging through the field before she spotted him. The worn edge to her features reappearing as she seemed relieved to see him.

The green skinned woman was able to harden her features again and walked over to him. Stopping in front of him trying to be strong in front of the blue elves.*
]

"Looks like my portals are weaker than I intended. It put you on this side of bushes." [*Sighs the woman, running a hand through her hair momentarily before gesturing to where she had came from.*] "How about we go over there? Out of the warriors way."

[*She hesitates before taking his hand, intertwining fingers with him leading him past broken down walls and bones back into the bushes.*]
high_milage
Jun. 27th, 2009 11:06 pm (UTC)
[Commentlog!]
[*He tightened his hand around hers, letting her lead him wherever she needed to go. He couldn't help a glance back at the blue elves working. With a shake of his head he pulled Benny closer when they had arrived.*]

Kid?

[*He asked tentatively, moving a lock of purple hair from her eyes.*]
priestess_yarly
Jun. 28th, 2009 12:10 am (UTC)
[Commentlog!]
[*She just presses closer to him. Breathing in his scent, finding the smells of sweat, dirt and the cologne he used comforting.*]

I-I'll be okay. [*Says this weakly, lacking the conviction to really make him believe it. She at loss for words for once in her life just needing him to be here.*]
high_milage
Jun. 28th, 2009 12:26 am (UTC)
[Commentlog!]
[*He just let her cling, rubbing her back carefully and showing that he wasn't going to let go anytime soon.*]

You don't have to rush that part, Ben.

[*He didn't believe her, but he also knew she was strong if she needed to be. so...maybe just for now, he could be the strong one.*]
priestess_yarly
Jun. 28th, 2009 01:27 am (UTC)
[Commentlog!]
[*His actions make her relax slightly even if she's obviously still not herself at the moment. Indy getting a small warning of the tears to come when her breath gets shaky before she speaks*]

I'll have to, a weepy priestess isn't what you need during a war. I don't think my tears will be much help during a fight. [*Her voice cracks slightly, tears forming in her eyes much to her agitation*.]
( 25 comments — Leave a comment )